The educational sessions at APIC 2019 cover the key competencies that every IP needs. Topics range from the fundamental learning to help IPs advance patient safety in their facilities, to the strategic and thought-provoking ideas that will take your career to the next level. Divided by career levels you’ll be able to craft a curriculum that suits your needs, no matter your experience, or your facility.
The full session listing is available in our online session planner. This handy resource lets you view the most current schedule of sessions, events, and meetings. Plus, attendees can save a custom curriculum to help them plan their experience in Philadelphia!
Want to download a full session listing? Click here to get a list of all sessions in PDF format.
About the Program
Sessions are divided into learning tracks to help attendees understand the core competencies covered. Tracks include:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship, Resistance and Emerging Pathogens
- Antisepsis, Disinfection and Sterilization
- Education, Training and Competencies
- Environment of Care, Construction and Remediation
- Healthcare Worker Safety and Occupational Health
- Implementation Science and Research
- Leadership and Professional Development
- Outbreak Investigation, Public Health and Health Policy
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Surveillance and Technology
We also offer additional tracks presented by the CDC and NHSN, giving you first-hand insight into the issues and topics they care about most.
These hour-long sessions provide IPs at every stage of their career with the tools, resources, discussion, and ideas that are essential to successful IPC.
These half-hour sessions provide an overview of key topics in IPC. Programmed with two sessions per hour per room, you’ll maximize your hour in these highly-focused sessions.
Take a deeper dive into the most pressing issues facing IPs today in these interactive, longer-format learning opportunities.